Hearing Screenings at People’s Health Clinic are now available. If you think you have a hearing loss ask for a free screening, by appointment only, today.
Signs of Hearing Loss
- Asking people to repeat themselves.
- Having to turn up the TV volume.
- Difficulty hearing in loud places.
- Hard to understand people over the phone.
- It seems like everyone is mumbling
What are Some of the Causes of Hearing Loss?
- Exposure to loud noises.
- Build-up of ear wax.
- Ear Infection.
- Abnormal bone growth or tumor.
- Ruptured ear drum.
Who Should Be Screened?
- People 50 years and older.
- Anyone who is having signs of hearing loss.
- Children at many different ages
What can I expect during a hearing screening?
- You listen to different sounds and words.
- It does not hurt and it takes less than 10 minutes
- If hearing loss is detected, you will be referred to a hearing specialist (audiologist) for further testing.